To analyze the data in a good way, we have to create good reports such as charts, 3D reports, histograms, and many more which you can see in Excel.
Similarly in Salesforce if we create good reports for our business data then we can create 4 types of reports Tabular, Summary, Matrix, and Joined Reports.
Today in this post, we will know How to Create Tabular, Summary, Matrix, Joined Reports in Salesforce in full detail and with screenshots.
What is Report in Salesforce?
Report is a tool in Salesforce and in this tool, we can easily organize, analyze, and visualize data. It makes a good report by uniting all the information.
In Salesforce reports, we can filter data and add different fields as well. We can create different types of reports for all the objects. We can create two types of reports, one is custom reports and the other is standard reports.
Types of Reports in Salesforce
- Tabular report
- Summary report
- Matrix report
- Joined report
How to Create Custom Report Type in Salesforce Lightning?
Before creating Tabular, Summary, Matrix, and Joined Reports, we need to know How to Create Custom Report Type in Salesforce Lightning.
- Log in to Salesforce.
- Search for Reports in the Quick Find box.
Next, in “Report Types” we need to click.
Click on Continue.
Click on New Custom report type button.
- Select Primary Object (ex-Accounts).
- Add Report Type Label.
- Report Type Name will come automatically.
- Write some text in the Description box, it will be visible to the users.
- Select Store in Category (ex: Opportunities).
- Select In Development in Deployment Status.
- Click on Next.
- Select Object in B name (ex: Opportunities).
- Click on save and successfully custom report type will be created.
How to Create Tabular, Summary, Matrix, Joined Reports in Salesforce Lightning?
Click on App Launcher.
- Write Report in the box and click on Reports.
- Click on New Report on the right side.
- Click on Opportunities in Category and Select a Report Type in Excel_Reports and click Start Report in Details.
- Add Columns and (Account name, Opportunity name, Account ID)
- In Filters, choose All Accounts in Show Me and All Time in Created Date.
- You will see the complete data table and click on the Run button.
- We will call it Tabular Report.
- Add accounts in the add group box in Group Rows and see the Summary report.
- You can create different chart reports by clicking Add Chart on the left side.
- If you want to create a Matrix report, then select any Accounts in the Add Group box below in Group Columns and the result will appear in the table.
- In this way, we can create Tabular, Summary, and Matrix reports.
Important Note: In the Tabular report, we can’t apply it to a chart.
Tabular, Summary, Matrix, Joined Reports FAQs
No, the chart option is not available in the Tabular report means disabled.
4 types can be created in Salesforce.